Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Well today was a hard day. We woke up and started working on getting everything ready. We called our health insurance, travel insurance, travel agent, hotel and credit cards. Then for a very nice lunch break my sister in law Carolyn and nephewAlex took me to Pot Belly's. It was the calm before the storm. ......As soon as I walked back in I checked our email. And there it was our LOI!! I explained earlier that the LOI (Letter of Invitation) is needed to get a visa. So the visa process started. Thankfully we are using a service that will make sure our documents get to the Kaz embassy and sent back to us. We need to pray to make sure we get the visas back on time to make our flight on the 15th. If not then we will have to push back the dates. BOOOOO!!! So ..... things are crazy but they are moving forward. Oh.... another very cool thing is that we are traveling with another Adoption Ark (that's our agency) client. Her name is Amy. We just found out that we are going together 2 days ago. Since then we have spoken several times. She is very nice and I am thrilled we are going together. She is from the south subarbs and we are from the south side of Chicago. And instead of meeting up somewhere in between ......no ... We are meeting up in Frankfurt Germany! Ha !!!Well she has family there and will met us for the last leg of the journey into Kaz.
Well I need to shut my brain off. So I'm signing off. It's 8:50pm here and it's 8:50am where my baby is....,.I wish I was there to see her open her eyes. Good morning baby.

3 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

So excited for you! I'm sure its stressful! We've been at this for over a year and we've packed and repacked our bags several times and sorted nd planned but when that phone call comes I'm sure we'll panic with everything we have to do! Would you be willing the date you submitted your dossier to AA?

Kaz or bust said...

The date we turned in our dossier was Sep 11, 2007. What a date EH?

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

Dana, my name is Lori ("Delilabea")and you answered a post on the AA yahoo group earlier this week. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated your positive response. I will be praying for you and your new little family. Post a pic of your baby soon and enjoy being a mommy! You guys seem like you are going to be truely wonderful parents.