Thursday, February 21, 2008

please forgive grammer and spelling errors because of jet lag

I just want to say thank you for all your comments and emails. They all mean so much to us. It's really a way to keep in touch with all that is going on with America. I may not be able to comment back but believe me each and everyone is so important to us. We reread them all a bunch of times. Oh America we miss you so much.

Have we told all of you that our matress is GREAT, better than the one we have at home. No back pain here except picking up Nora, I'm so out of shape for that....... We had pizza today. No one is Chicago would call it that. But for Kazakhstan it's not bad. Basicaly I'm on the high Carb diet. Bread, Bread and bread. I have to watch it tho. Elainea from South Africa is starting to have some problems because of the lack of veggies. She has been here much longer than us and has already been to court. so over this long period of time with no vegtables has really put a strain on her.

Nora is pretty sick now. She has a bad cough and she is so congested. She let me hold her yesterday for a long time. She just stared into my eyes. And then she started to close her eyes but didn't. I think she was afarid she would miss something. Bill got to feed her a bottle today . I think Bill will do most of the feedings so she will bond with him that way. ( Oh by the way Bill is the first man she has ever seen) Bill is very happy about this too. This was the first time we saw a bottle. They normaly feed the children with a cup regardless of age. It really werid to see such small children being fed that way. Did I tell you that she just turned 1. She had a birthday right before we got here. I can't believe we get to bring her home. (God willing) Bill and i both are over the moon about her. It nice to see Bill growing so found of her. You would think he would get board of talking about her with me. But no. He now has a new woman in his life and I couldn't be happier for him.

4 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

When we were in Karaganda our translator took us to places where she knew they washed the veges in bottled water, so we ate greek salads all over Karaganda. Maybe there are some places like that in Ust. Also they had some really great apples at the grocery store as well (they tasted more like pears). I peeled them of course.

We basically lived on cheese, bread and pasta while there and chicken.

I don't know what it's like in Ust but in Karaganda we walked, ALOT! So that also helped.

Yes, get ready to share your husband with a little girl. We have two boys who were/are very big mama's boys, so it was great seeing my daughter and my husband fall in love. In fact she has him and her brothers wrapped around her fingers!

Thanks for letting those in the adoption community take part in your journey!!

Kristan

Julian and Sara said...

Nora is so cute! It sounds like she is the same age as Yerkezhan. When is her birthday? Yerkezhan turned 1 on January 13.

Sara

Dan and Amy said...

It is such a powerful experience being a parent isn't it! No-one's words or experiences can compare to doing it yourself! I well up with tears every time I read your updates b/c I know what a powerful experience it is and couldn't think of two more deserving people than you and Bill to have this life time experience! We can't wait to share all the other fun stuff like going to the park with the girls, out to McDonald's play land, out for ice-cream with Lindsey and Nora! I have a feeling Dan and Bill with be pretty busy this summer!(-: Oh and let me not forget Dana the playgroups and swim lessons that we'll get to do with the girls! Lots of fun times ahead!! (-:

Aunt Caroline said...

You said you were over the moon about her, guess that's why we just had the lunar eclipse!!