Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yes we have the region!



Well, we finally heard from our Coordinator that we are going to Ust- Kamengorski, Kazakhstan.
To many of you this sounds crazy. To our ears it sounds like music. That is where our baby girl is. If you look on a globe it's exactly on the other side of the world. On this map here it's the city most North/East. We are now waiting for Our LOI. Which is our Letter of Invitation to go to the country. Once we get that letter we can get our visa and then we are gone. Alla our coordinator here in the US said it will be about 2-3 weeks. So now we are trying to get everything ready to go. Stopping our mail, getting Nellie(puppy dog) over to Uncle Wally's house, getting travel insurance..... It's a crazy time.


We both feel so blessed that this is happening. I also feel that this has been and still will be the hardest thing we will ever do. But it occured to me yesterday that it should be this hard. Of course if it was easy I would think something illegal is going on with our agency.... but what I'm really trying to say is that this country is giving us, Dana and Bill Spyker this little precious life to us. And in trusting to us the future of this little girl. How amazing! This can't be taken lightly. This is important. The most important thing I will ever do. I'm sure of it. That is why I believe the process should be tough because it's that important. Nothing good ever comes easy. And boy this is SO GOOD!

7 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah! I kept checking back to your blog but there was not much going on. We are also with AA. Congratulations and we are so happy for you! Please make sure you invite us if you make your blog private. Did you request a boy or a girl? age range? ruley@tampabay.rr.com

Matthew Ruley said...

Incidentally I sent you an invite to our blog.

Kaz or bust said...

I guess nothing was going on. Until now.... now everything is crazy.. I like AA so far. Alla is so sweet. She just gets it. I really do trust her. We want a girl 6 to 18 nonths. Tampabay EH? I would love to go there right now. Chicago is so cold! BRRR. It took me 2 hours to get to work this A.M. because of Snow. (blizzard more like it) Where are you in the process?

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog (thanks to suzanne) and I am glad I did. We adopted our son from Ust-Kamenogorsk in March 07. Be ready for cold weather and if you tend to get sinus infections make sure you are taking antibiotics... the air pollution there causes sinus trouble. Other than that it is a great city. I recommend eating in the restaurant inside of a yurt near the mosque.

Kaz or bust said...

Kim, Thanks for taking the time to write in our blog. Its funny that you mentioned sinus infections and ear infections. I (Bill) actually have an ear infection now and am on antibiotics (day 6 of them). I really hope its cleared up by when we leave. We just found out we need to be in Almaty by Saturday, February 16th.

Henry said...

Congratulations Bill and Dana.

Our thoughts and prayers go with you.

Uncle Henry & Aunt Linda

Henry said...

Bill and Dana,

Contratulations. Our thoughts and prayers go with you.

Uncle Henry and Aunt Linda