Saturday, April 26, 2008

The End and The Beginning






We really couldn't be happier people than we are right now. The journey of adoption has been an incredible experience. Last Monday we waited anxiously with our parents at O'Hare airport for Nora to arrive. We saw her coming down the escalator and we thought our hearts would explode! I will remember the moment that Oleg placed our baby girl into Dana's arms the rest of my life. I will also remember she and I falling asleep on the couch late that night. Now we can enjoy life together as a family. She has only been here physically almost a week but in our hearts and souls a long time..... Nora is getting adjusted - she fights sleep but loves food! We look forward to the many joys and adventures of parenthood. We look back and reflect on all our memories and friends made along the way. As I reflect upon my experience of becoming an adoptive parent I now know what my parents felt for me when I was adopted many years ago. Life has come full circle for the Spyker Family, we thank God for his blessings in our lives.

9 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

Beautiful!!

I hope you will continue to post about your life now that Nora is home.

Congratulations!!

Kristan (mom to a kaz cutie)

Philip, Amanda and Leah said...

So very happy for you three! Life will never be the same again...

God Bless.

Philip, Amanda & Leah

ps See you in Ireland in a few years time!!!

dnd82001 said...

We are so happy your dreams have come true!!

I have tears of joy for your family of 3!!

Congulations Mom & Dad and baby Nora - blessings on a wonderul life!!

Sincerely,
Darlene

Amy said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations!!! Oh wait!!! I was there!!! ; ) How goes it Spyker family?

K and/or K said...

I've stumbled across this blog and am so encouraged by your story and so very happy for you. (We are waiting for a girl from China.) Nora is beautiful. Bless you!
Kelly

Trudi said...

How simply, perfectly beautiful. It is a joy to see your baby in your arms at home at last. I hope you keep up the blog so we can all enjoy Nora as she grows in your love.

Gretchen said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for you!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Reunited. Hooray!! We are so happy for you!!! BTW, we followed immediately after you to Ust, and we are happy to report that our driver was decked in Chicago gear just about every day! :-)

Congratulations, family!

Tami said...

Dearest Spyker family,
I have tears streaming down my cheeks, with the telling of your beautiful family story. I believe that God has placed this darling child with the parents that were meant for only her. I wish you a lifetime of heartfilled joy and happiness.
You will always be in my prayers.
With much love, your newest friend,
Tami